- Harvard University Medical School, Cambridge, MA: Clinical Instructor in Psychiatry/Assistant Attending Psychologist
- McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA: Clinical Fellowship, Staff Psychologist
- Veterans Administration Outpatient Clinic, Boston, MA: Clinical Internship
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN: PhD and Masters, Clinical Psychology
- Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville, NY: BA, Psychology
For 30 years I’ve worked with hundreds of individuals, couples and families wrestling with personal and professional challenges. My clients say they find me warm, non-judgmental, and easy to talk to. I tend to be a more active and engaged therapist. My style and personality is informal and accessible, yet professional.
To stay current with the latest approaches and to provide the best quality help, I regularly pursue continuing education and consultation with expert professionals in the field. I have published articles about stress, pain, aging and attitude change.
Our sessions are 45 minutes. During our initial meeting, we set goals, determine roughly how many sessions might be needed and what type of therapy would be most effective.
My hobbies include biking, yoga, and creating stone and rock sculptures. My Therapy Dog, Nelly, certified by Dog B.O.N.E.S., is available for counseling sessions if you would like her there.
I belong to:
- American Psychological Association
- Massachusetts Psychological Association
- National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
- The National Registry of Marriage Friendly Therapists
- The Divorce Center
- New England Society of Social and Clinical Hypnosis
- Association of Hypnobirthing®